Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sigh of Relief

I feel like, even though it is a blizzard outside, going out and dancing in the streets. It would be a slight understatement to say that of my seven semesters at the U, this fall 2010 semester was the most difficult. Tre had just moved away, I was carrying a very full load including classes, work at Archibald's during it's busiest season plus being the executive director of UPC. I was stressed the entire semester, because I just wanted to do well. After finals week was over, I felt relieved--I felt as though I had done well on my 5 exams and even if I hadn't, it was over and I could be happy about that. Above all of that, Tre was coming home! He arrived early morning on December 19th and left late afternoon the day after Christmas. Honestly, one of the best weeks of my life.

When Tre was first deciding he was going to leave, I told him that if he chose to transfer, we would be breaking up. I just didn't think we could do it, but we are! One semester down, and I feel good about our relationship. I actually think that it was just what we needed, in a relationship that lasts that long it may be easy to get complacent, but now we have found a new appreciation for one another. I love that boy so much and we had such a good time over the week.

Christmas, per usual, was fantastic!! I love this time of year, just spending time with family and friends. Plus, my wonderful boss gave me the entire week off so that I could maximize the amount of time with my family and with Tre. I got everything I wanted and more.

The morning Tre had to leave, I was very sad and cried throughout sacrament meeting and as I took him to the airport. But I am grateful for this opportunity that he has to get his schooling paid for and to do something he loves so much! He makes me very proud while he is gone and I know that in the end, it will all be worth it.

Then, it was back to reality. I have been working every day this week and cleaning up the Christmas aftermath. Plus, I have been trying to work up the courage to look at my grades. I felt really good about my finals week performance, but as time carried on I started doubting myself--maybe I didn't do as well as I thought?

Right now I am supposed to be at my friend Alyx's wedding, but due to the horrible blizzard outside, I decided it was safer to stay home. Only problem? I am bored. The boredom got to me! I decided to check my grades and.... I got an A in anatomy!! That class is very difficult and requires more attention than most jobs and somehow, I pulled it off. I am pretty proud of myself. Because, you see, in order to get an A, I had to get a nearly perfect score on my final (only missing 5 points) and it happened.
Man, life is good.


Tre and I, eating at Teppanyaki. Yum!


After, A group of us went to see the lights at Temple Square--so beautiful!


My Grandpa. I love him so much. You can always count on him for a good laugh :)

I love these ladies so much.


Oh, the other bright spot in my life? This little bun in the oven that I canNOT wait for his arrival!! 101 more days :)



:)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Seven letters for you...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G...Way to Go on your Anatomy final! I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend some time with your loved ones this holiday season:)