Monday, August 25, 2008

End of Summer Recap

Today was my first day of school, and it was a very interesting day. I went to my Chemistry lecture with about 400 other students and the teacher begins going over the syllabus. He begins reading his policy on conduct. It states that any student who acts rudely i.e. reading newspapers, cell phone ringing, come in late, etc. will be docked 2% on their final grade for each offense. Then he says "You may be thinking that there's no way I could remember the student who did such things, but I have a photographic memory and I have a picture roster of all my students." Then a minute later he says that he doesn't just talk, that he will ask questions. Right then he looks at me and says, "Rachel Sellers was is the density of water?" My mouth just dropped and he says, "Everyone, give her a minute she's a little shocked". It was nuts! Out of 400 students of course he would pick on me!

That being said, I decided that Summer is officially over, as sad as that may be. I wanted to give a recap of what an excellent Summer I had.


Tre and I went to visit his family in California


Mom, the King and I on the way to Viva Las Vegas!



Me and Elysha at Hogle Zoo- I hadn't been there since Kindergarten



Grandma, Grandpa, Dad, Mom, Brent and I went and surprised Uncle Steve on his 70th Birthday in Pasadena, California



Uncle Steve and Aunt Arlene with his Alma Mater: USC's band


Me- Lassoin' Grandpa in for a dance




Me + Brent = 2 cool 4 school


Dad and Mom- slow dancing <3




We all went boating with Mary, Randy + Kids for the 4th of July


I spent 3 days in Park City with 6 of my best friends



I got to see a lot of old friends at Jessica's baby shower



Me and all my friends got season passes to Raging Waters
and spent a lot of time there




We got to wear casual clothes to work for 3 weeks for Beach Party 2008




We had a huge water balloon fight at our company picnic- Teneil even (attempted) to throw a bucket of water on the owner, Joe. He got her back 10-fold

For the company picnic, there was a pie-baking contest. I decided to make this prize winning pie. The ingredients included: berries, watermelon, sunflower seeds, ginger, 1 tortilla, frozen corn, animal crackers, jalapeno mustard, grapes, whip cream, mandarin oranges and almonds. (if you want the exact recipe-just email me) :)




I got to spend time with my cousins, whom I don't get to see very often at Uncle Eric's wedding reception




Lastly, Mom and Me went to San Diego for the day for a trip to the beach before it was time to get back to the grind.




It's been fun, but it is time to get back to work, study hard and get good grades.

No comments: