Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day Nineteen

Nicknames You Have and Why


oh me oh my....



From My Mom:
  • Pauline (my middle name)

  • Dolly (probably because I'm the youngest and only girl)

So when I worked with Kristin at Grandma's restaurant Kristin gave me the nickname:

SMACHEL

which then led down a slippery slope of names to follow:

  • Smachen

  • Shmachel

  • Shma

  • Shmigion

  • Machen (Still commonly used)

  • Machie

  • Mach

My girl-friends from high school called me Spraychel (she was a cartoon for a commercial).



My work friends and college friends call me Rae Rae (college spelling) or Ray Ray (work spelling)

Rob calls me Baby Ray or R^2 (Ray Ray) Because our group of UPC friends had a family story where Rob was the Dad "Papi"; Alison was the oldest sister, then ashley, Jeremy and Erin were twins (Er-Bear and Jer-Bear); then there was the tween: Meesh and Baby Ray.

I like them all because I love all the people who gave them to me and it's more personal.

No comments: