Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day Twenty

Someone You See Yourself Marrying


Well seeing on how we have been together for almost seven (!) years, I'm gonna have to go with Tre


We met in Ms. Paredas' fourth grade class. I had a little girl crush on him until.... him and his friend Dennis made fun of my lips and told me I had "fish lips" (common when I was that age). I distinctly remember saying, "I don't like you anymore Tre". And his friend, Dennis said, "see! I told you she liked you". I replied back with a witty remark: "I meant just as a friend! I don't even like you at all anymore!"


Then, honestly, I don't remember seeing or thinking about Tre for many years. His friends hated me and my friends in 5th-8th grade, because we thought we were so smart and cool (which we were!). Then in 9th grade, my school started "team fridays". Because we both had last names that start with S, we were on the same team and he was the ONLY person I knew in there so we became friends. I had another boyfriend at the time, but I started to have a crush on Tre, yet again. I remember writing Tre a note (cuz that was the cool thing to do!) asking him to go to the Halloween Dance, but only if he liked me back. He ended up coming and we danced a couple of times. Our group of mutual friends were just watching us and you know how you just basically spin in circles while you dance at that age? Well, anytime Tre would be facing them they would tell him to ask me out. On the last slow song of the dance, Tre asked me out and I said Yes. First order of Business? Go home and call my other boyfriend to break up with him (scandelous!).

We've had our problems along the way, but in the end we have always ended up together.

Currently, Tre lives in Missouri finish his schooling and to play basketball. It's been the hardest thing that we have had to do in this relationship, but I know if we can get through this then we can make it through anything.

He can bring out the best in me; he believes in my whole-heartedly and makes me feel as though nothing is out of reach for me. Whenever I have a bad day, I call Tre and he can help me through whatever I may be facing at the time. I don't really like talking about my relationship, because I feel like people are so cynical and because we have had problems in the past, they expect and hope to see us fail. But Tre and I both live to prove people wrong. That's what we plan on doing.
I love him. My family loves him. If we were to end up together, I would be perfectly content with that.
I love who I am when I'm with him and only hope that I do the same for him. I know that if we are meant to be, the Lord will provide the way and there is no need to worry about it.

1 comment:

alisonaudree said...

i'm glad that even before you were a bold texter, you were a bold note writer. :)